Saturday, March 14, 2009

Take Your Mark ... Get Ready ... Get Set ... GOO!

What a glorious day it was today at the 32nd Annual Gate River Run. Dustin and I woke up at 5:45 a.m. this morning and began getting ready. We were meeting his parents, and my mom at Dustin's parents house and left at 7 a.m. to pick up our niece, Reagan. It was EXTREMELY foggy this morning and we were pretty bummed. It's a good thing God knows what He's doing, we were actually very grateful for the fog. Not once did we feel hot. Once the cannon was shot, we were trying to shuffle our way in. It was SO CROWDED we started 8.5 minutes late. So we finished the race in 1 hour 52 minutes. During the peak of the race I was asking myself "why did I decide to do this?" I was really feeling the BURN on my legs and feet. I also didn't think the Hart Bridge was going to be all that bad ... holy moly was I in for a "treat". This was, physically, one of the HARDEST things I've ever accomplished. I plan on training A LOT more for next year's race.





Photobucket

1 comments:

Abels said...

Way to Go guys. i know you said Dustin has done this for a while- but it is quite an acomplishment! I felt more ready this year than last, and think I can do better next year. So I think once you do it once, you have to keep running it. It is a cool event to part of. Congrats! Dan said he saw ya, sorry i missed you. Hope he can hook you up with a softner for your new house!