Friday, July 11, 2008

New Happenings ...

What a year it has been so far and it's just getting started! We kicked the year off with our beautiful wedding and next month Dustin graduates UNF with his Bachelor's in Transportation and Logistics. He took a great job offer locally and started May 5th. It's great that he doesn't have to work nights anymore like he had to while working as an Outbound Supervisor at UPS. He is a step higher now at the new company than he was at UPS. For those of you that don't know, Dustin has worked for UPS for the last four years and he wanted to do something different. He's still in the same field he just wanted to learn something new in his field. I love that he has a normal sleeping pattern now and he's not falling asleep on me when we would try to hang out ... bless his heart.

As most of you know I've been in college for quite sometime now ... I was beginning to think attending college was my CAREER. BUT I'm happy to announce that I will be graduating this December, God willing ofcourse. I am a Public Relations major with a minor in Elementary Education. I'm not sure what I want to do just yet. I have landed an internship at Jacksonville Magazine and I will begin August 4 - December 12 or when I reach 210 hours whichever comes first. I'm very excited about my internship there. My main interest is "Event Planning" so I think I will be helping out a lot for the Home and Patio Show and some other events they will have booths at. I also submitted one of our wedding photos about a month ago to Jacksonville Magazine and it should be in either their August or September issue...so be sure to look for it :)

3 comments:

Just Dandy Blog said...

I am going to be a assistant to a Event and Wedding planner!! I love it too!!! Check it out on my bussiness blog; Just Dandy. Click it off of my profile!!! Thats awesome news though, I read the Jacksonville Luxury Living Magazine... it is awesome!!!

Dustin and Candice said...

Ultimately I would LOVE to assist with wedding planning. I had so much fun planning mine I would just love nothing more than to help others plan their special day. How did you get connected with that person?

Anonymous said...

Hi Candice, love the blog! Event Planning sounds like an exciting job! And I see from your comment that you're interested in wedding planning... I had so much fun planning mine too that I helped some of my friends and it was a blast. What a fun job that would be!